Below is a list of features, updates and fixes that we expect to implement on Sept 5, 2012
*NOTE: The timing and specifics of these items are subject to change
Mini Flipbook 3.0 – New and Improved!
Pinterest Page Widget – Easier to Use!
Bug Fixes and Other Minor Updates
1. Mini Flipbook 3.0 – New and Improved Promo Tool!
Many users love how the Mini-Flipbook looks on their website as a promotional tool when viewed on a desktop computer. However, the tool is Flash based so users who viewed on a device that doesn’t support Flash would see a blank space where that object would usually display.
Mini Flipbook 3.0 features
- Display a clickable HTML5 image instead of the Flash object when device’s browser does not support Flash
- Facebook and Twitter share buttons on the bottom left of the object to make it easier for your audience to talk about your content!
- Updated Cleaner Look
Html5 Alternate Version
2. Pinterest Page Widget – Easier to reference your Page and Image URLs
With Pinterest Pin It Page Widgets, you must always enter a URL for the page you are pinning AND a URL for the image you are going to pin.
We’ve now made it easier for you to configure your Pin It button to reference your Issue page and image URL
- URL of the page the pin is on: You can enter whatever website address you like here, but you can allow the end user to pin the direct Issue page URL via the new “use page url” option
- URL of the image to be pinned: Pinterest requires an image so if you don’t have your own image to use that is hosted elsewhere, simply use the page thumbnail for the pin by using the “use page thumb” option
Pinterest Page Widget Configure Screen
Pinterest Pin Result
3. Bug Fixes and Other Minor Updates
Here are some other areas touched by this production push
- Reader - Archive Sorting options: Mobile and Flipbook archive button now gives end user ability to sort by Date (publish date) or Title (Issue name)
- Application: New right side widget interface for Questions, Tutorials and Feedback (NOT seen in master portals)
- GetIssueDetails API method now indicates the correct number of articles returned
- Latest version of Chrome browser (20+) now loads the MiniFlipbook Configuration
- Firefox 14/15 and Flash problem with page widgets: Updated condition to display the videos IF user has upgraded to Flash 11.4
(See this post for more details : Must be logged into support site to view)
- Page Editor – Bugfix: Fit to height button now works if the +- zoom button clicked first
- Page Editor – Page Widgets: Configuration screen now has a “save and close” button which will save the widget placement upon clicking. Before you had to click “update and close” in the configuration screen THEN click “Add Widget/Save” again, so we’ve saved users a step here.
- Page Editor – Page Widgets: Placement box for fixed size page widgets, like Facebook and Twitter, will automatically resize to let end user know the precise placement of these widgets. These widgets do not inherintly scale themselves based on end user screen/browser size.
- Popup Window Tweak: Various areas of the Application and Flipbook will display a more streamlined Popup Modal. This includes Application popups like the Issue settings & options, and Flipbook popups like link target to iFrame, Sharing and Archive popups, and subscription windows. Change includes a more rounded frame and white window header.
You must be logged in to post a comment.